TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ADJUDICATION APPLICATION
(DevB Technical Circular (Works) No. XX/2021)
1. The following fee schedule is relevant to the "SOPL Spirit" adjudication regime.
2. An application fee of HK$5,000 is required to accompany an adjudication application. The payment of application fee is non-refundable. In the event of withdrawal of an adjudication application, the outstanding fees will be calculated on the basis of work already completed by the adjudicator at the adjudicator's hourly rate, plus a HK$1,000 administrative withdrawal fee.
3. All payment of the adjudication fees and expenses, including the application fee for nomination and appointment of adjudicator and the adjudicator's fees and expenses, shall only be made through HKICAdj and there shall be no direct payment of any fees and expenses from the claimant and the respondent to the adjudicator.
4. Upon withdrawal of an adjudication application, any further adjudication application under the same payment claim shall be treated as a new adjudication application with the same application fee of HK$5,000 applies.
5. For payment claim values less than HK$300,000, a capped adjudicator's hourly rate of HK$2,400 including fees and expenses applies.
6. For payment claim values equal or more than HK$300,000, a capped adjudicator's hourly rate of HK4,500 including fees and expenses applies.
7. Upon receiving notification of the adjudicator's decision, HKICAdj will provide both the claimant and the respondent with an invoice indicating the hours charged by the adjudicator and any other relevant fee regarding the application charged by HKICAdj. The adjudication decision will not be released by HKICAdj until the relevant fees have been paid in full.